Joint Conference Registration is Now Openwphungerford
In 2012, MCCE is partnering with the Michigan Council for Social Studies, Michigan Council on Economic Education, the Michigan Council for History Education, and the Michigan Geographic Alliance on a Joint Social Studies Conference—Working Together.
When: Friday, November 2-Saturday, November 3, 2012
Where: Macomb Community College, John Lewis Student Community Center, 14500 East 12 Mile Road, Warren, Michigan 48088
Click here for the Joint Conference Registration form.
Each of the content organizations is responsible for organizing a strand of the conference. Workshops of special interest to teachers of civics, government and law include:
• Bringing Together the Community and the Common Core: Mock Court Programs in the Elementary Classroom
• Civics: A Closer Look at Teaching the First and Fourth Amendments
• Mock Trials for the Classroom and Competition
• Moot Court in the Classroom
• Representative Democracy: FREE Resources for Secondary Teachers
• Take It to Court: Sample Michigan Supreme Court Cases for Elementary
• Teaching the Judicial Branch
• Teaching the Rights of the Accused with MC3
• Teaching Supreme Court decisions using resources from Street Law
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.]]>