- Additional information
The Michigan Center for Civic Education (MCCE) is a non-partisan, non-profit established in 1982 to offer programs to enhance instruction in civics, government and law. It is the premier organization in Michigan solely dedicated to preparing a strong citizenry.
The Center’s mission is “To promote and support the development of engaged, responsible citizens through civic and law-related education.”
Informed, active citizens are a basic requirement for our free, democratic society. Civic education helps youth become effective citizens equipped to participate at various levels of government. Youth need to develop:
- A recognition that citizenship entails responsibilities as well as rights.
- An understanding of how they can participate positively in the legal and political system.
- An understanding of and respect for core democratic values.
The Center offers programs and instructional materials to teachers, students, and members of the community to provide youth with the knowledge and practice they need to become competent citizens.
If you become a member, you will receive benefits which include:
- Clearinghouse of LRE Civic Education Programs and Resources
- Educating for Citizenship, an annual conference
- Michigan High School Mock Trial Tournament
- Professional development for teachers
- Project Citizen
- We the People… The Citizen and the Constitution
- 10% discount on Center publications
- Priority over non-members in registration for Center events
- 10% discount on registration for Center programs
- Information on national programs, Michigan events, and other opportunities
- Your name listed in the Directory of Center Members & Donors
- Participation in the statewide law-related civic education network
Please select your membership and support level from the drop down menu: Student, Contributor, Sponsor, Sustainer, Benefactor or Gold Member.
Contributor Membership <$100, Supporter Membership $100, Ambassador Membership $250, Advocate Membership $500, Champion Membership $750, Guardian Membership $1000